Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Joint Commission Journal on Quality and Patient Safety
- An intervention to decrease catheter-related bloodstream infections in the ICU.N Engl J Med. Dec. 28, 2006; 355 (Erratum in:): 2725-2732N Engl J Med. Jun. 21, 2007; 356 (Erratum in:): 2660
Department of Health & Human Services: Protection of Human Subjects, 45 C.F.R. 46.101(b)(4) (2005).
Complaint to Office for Human Research Protections (OHRP) on file with authors (Jan. 22, 2007).
K.C. Borror: Human Research Protections under Federalwide Assurances FWA-5752, FWA-287, and FWA-3834. Office for Human Research Protections, Jul. 19, 2007 (letter). http://www.hhs.gov/ohrp/detrm_letrs/YR07/jul07d.pdf (last accessed Apr. 16, 2008).
- The ethics of using QI methods to improve health care quality and safety.Hastings Cent Rep. Jul.–Aug. 2006; 36: S1-S40
- The ethics of using quality improvement methods in health care.Ann Intern Med. May 1, 2007; 146 (Epub Apr. 16, 2007): 666-673
- Determining when quality improvement initiatives should be considered research.JAMA. May 3, 2000; 283: 2275-2280
- Defining research when it comes to public health.Public Health Rep. Jan.–Feb. 1997; 112: 29-32
Office for Human Research Protections: News: OHRP Concludes Case regarding Johns Hopkins University Research on Hospital Infections; Encourages Continuance of Work to Reduce Incidence of Catheter-Related Infections; Offers New Guidance for Future Research. Feb. 15, 2008. http://www.hhs.gov/ohrp/news/recentnews.html#20080215 (last accessed Apr. 16, 2008).
- Quality-improvement research and informed consent.N Engl J Med. Feb. 21, 2008; 358 (last accessed Apr. 16, 2008)
- Human Subject Research Protections Under Federalwide Assurances FWA-5752, FWA-287, and FWA-3834.Office for Human Research Protections, Feb. 14, 2008 (letter)(last accessed Apr. 16, 2008)
- The GAAP in quality measurement and reporting.JAMA. Oct. 17, 2007; 298: 1800-1802
- Streamlining IRB review in multisite trials through single-study IRB cooperative agreements: Experience of the Beta-Carotene and Retinol Efficacy trial (CARET).Control Clin Trials. Feb. 2002; 23: 80-86
- Institutional review boards and multisite studies in health services research: Is there a better way?.Health Serv Res. Feb. 2005; 40: 291-308
- The challenges of IRB review and human subjects protections in practice-based research.Med Care. Jun. 2002; 40: 521-529
- A central institutional review board for multi-institutional trials.N Engl J Med. May 2, 2002; 346: 1405-1408
Department of Health & Human Services: Protection of Human Subjects, 45 C.F.R. 46.116(c)&(d) (2005).
- Current methods of the US preventive services task force A review of the process.Am J Prev Med. Apr. 2001; 20: S21-S35