Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Joint Commission Journal on Quality and Patient Safety
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Antibiotic / Antimicrobial Resistance (AR / AMR). (Updated Sep 10, 2018.) Accessed Apr 30, 2019. https://www.cdc.gov/drugresistance/index.html.
- National Action Plan for Combating Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria. Mar 2015.https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/sites/default/files/docs/national_action_plan_for_combating_antibotic-resistant_bacteria.pdfDate accessed: April 30, 2019
- Review and control of antimicrobial usage in hospitalized patients: a recommended collaborative approach.JAMA. 1977 Nov 14; 238: 2170-2172
- Antimicrobial stewardship.Am J Infect Control. 2006; 34: S55-S73
- Infectious Diseases Society of America and the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America guidelines for developing an institutional program to enhance antimicrobial stewardship.Clin Infect Dis. 2007 Jan 15; 44: 159-177
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The Core Elements of Hospital Antibiotic Stewardship Programs. 2014. Accessed Apr 30, 2019. https://www.cdc.gov/antibiotic-use/healthcare/pdfs/core-elements.pdf.
The Joint Commission. 2017 Comprehensive Accreditation Manual for Hospitals. Oak Brook, IL: Joint Commission Resources, 2016.
- Implementing an antibiotic stewardship program: guidelines by the Infectious Diseases Society of America and the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America.Clin Infect Dis. 2016 May 15; 62: 1197-1202
- What is the more effective antibiotic stewardship intervention: preprescription authorization or postprescription review with feedback?.Clin Infect Dis. 2017 Mar 1; 64: 537-543
- Handshake stewardship: a highly effective rounding-based antimicrobial optimization service.Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2016; 35: 1104-1110
- Quality measurement for Clostridium difficile infection: turning lemons into lemonade.BMJ Qual Saf. 2018; 27: 414-416
- Nosocomial diarrhea: evaluation and treatment of causes other than Clostridium difficile.Clin Infect Dis. 2012; 55: 982-989
- Clinical practice guidelines for Clostridium difficile infection in adults and children: 2017 update by the Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) and Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA).Clin Infect Dis. 2018 Mar 19; 66: 987-994
- Sharing Antimicrobial Reports for Pediatric Stewardship (SHARPS): a quality improvement collaborative.J Pediatric Infect Dis Soc. 2018 May 15; 7: 124-128
- Effect of antibiotic stewardship programmes on Clostridium difficile incidence: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Antimicrob Chemother. 2014; 69: 1748-1754
- Leveraging quality improvement science to reduce C. difficile infections in a community hospital.Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf. 2019; 45: 285-294
- Comprehensive Accreditation Manual for Hospitals. Oak Brook, IL: Joint Commission.Resources. 2018; : MM23-MM25