- Prevalence of Chlamydia trachomatis genital infection among persons aged 14–39 years—United States, 2007–2012.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2014 Sep 26; 63: 834-838
- National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention.Sexually Transmitted Disease Surveillance 2018. Oct 2019; (Accessed Mar 18, 2020.)
- Screening and treating Chlamydia trachomatis genital infection to prevent pelvic inflammatory disease: interpretation of findings from randomized controlled trials.Sex Transm Dis. 2013; 40: 97-102
- Final Recommendation Statement: Chlamydia and Gonorrhea: Screening.Sep 2014 (Accessed Mar 2020.)https://www.uspreventiveservicestaskforce.org/Page/Document/RecommendationStatementFinal/chlamydia-and-gonorrhea-screening
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Sexually transmitted diseases treatment guidelines, 2015.MMWR Recomm Rep. 2015 Jun 5; 64: 1-137
- (Pocket Guide)Hagan JF Shaw JS Duncan PM Bright Futures: Guidelines for Health Supervision of Infants, Children, and Adolescents. 4th ed. Mar 18, 2020 (Pocket GuideAccessed)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Chlamydia Screening Data, HEDIS and Managed Care. Oct 29, 2013. Accessed Mar 18, 2020.https://www.cdc.gov/std/chlamydia/hedis.htm. Published October 29, 2013.
National Committee for Quality Assurance. Chlamydia Screening in Women (CHL). Accessed Mar 18, 2020.https://www.ncqa.org/hedis/measures/chlamydia-screening-in-women/.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention. Sexually Transmitted Disease Surveillance 2018: Table 6. Chlamydia—Reported Cases and Rates of Reported Cases in Selected Metropolitan Statistical Areas (MSAs) in Alphabetical Order, United States, 2014–2018. Aug 20, 2019. Accessed Mar 18, 2020.https://www.cdc.gov/std/stats18/tables/6.htm.
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Center for Medicaid and CHIP Services. Core Set of Adult Health Care Quality Measures for Medicaid (Adult Core Set): Technical Specifications and Resource Manual for Federal Fiscal Year 2019 Reporting. (Updated: Aug 2019.) Accessed Mar 18, 2020.https://www.medicaid.gov/medicaid/quality-of-care/downloads/medicaid-adult-core-set-manual.pdf.
Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services; National Committee for Quality Assurance. Health Insurance Exchange: 2019 Quality Rating System Measure Technical Specifications. Sep 2018. Accessed Mar 18, 2020.https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/QualityInitiativesGenInfo/Downloads/QRS-2019-Measure-Technical-Specifications.pdf.
- Clinician adherence to recommendations for screening of adolescents for sexual activity and sexually transmitted infection/human immunodeficiency virus.J Pediatr. 2014; 165: 343-347
- CDC Grand Rounds: chlamydia prevention: challenges and strategies for reducing disease burden and sequelae.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2011 Apr 1; 60: 370-373
- Practice-based quality improvement collaborative to increase chlamydia screening in young women.Pediatrics. 2016; 137e20151082
- A learning collaborative approach to improve primary care STI screening.Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2018; 57: 895-903
- Effectiveness of a quality improvement intervention to improve rates of routine Chlamydia trachomatis screening in female adolescents seeking primary preventive care.J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2019; 32: 32-38
- Preventive care for adolescents: few get visits and fewer get services.Pediatrics. 2009; 123: e565-e572
- Chlamydial screening in urgent care visits: adolescent-reported acceptability associated with adolescent perception of clinician communication.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2007; 161: 777-782
- Screening for asymptomatic chlamydia infections among sexually active adolescent girls during pediatric urgent care.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2009; 163: 559-564
- A computerized sexual health survey improves testing for sexually transmitted infection in a pediatric emergency department.J Pediatr. 2017; 183: 147-152.e1
- Screening for asymptomatic gonorrhea and chlamydia in the pediatric emergency department.Sex Transm Dis. 2016; 43: 209-215
- Explanation and elaboration of the SQUIRE (Standards for Quality Improvement Reporting Excellence) guidelines, V.2.0: examples of SQUIRE elements in the healthcare improvement literature.BMJ Qual Saf. 2016; 25: e7
- Sexually transmitted infections: compelling case for an improved screening strategy.Popul Health Manag. 2017; 20: S1-S11
- Routine opt-out HIV screening: more evidence in support of alternative approaches?.Sex Transm Dis. 2014; 41: 403-406
- Association between sexually transmitted diseases and young adults’ self-reported abstinence.Pediatrics. 2011; 127: 208-213
- Introduction of universal chlamydia and gonorrhea screening in an urban school-based health center.J Adolesc Health. 2018; 62: S80-S81
- Cost-effectiveness of opt-out chlamydia testing for high-risk young women in the U.S.Am J Prev Med. 2016; 51: 216-224
San Francisco Health Plan. Practice Improvement Program 2019 Program Guide: Primary Care. Jan 25, 2019. (Updated: Nov 23, 2019.) Accessed Mar 18, 2020.https://www.sfhp.org/files/providers/pip/PIP_2019_Primary_Care_Program.pdf.
Minnesota Department of Health. Minnesota Statewide Quality Reporting and Measurement System: Quality Incentive Payment System Framework. Aug 2017. Accessed Mar 18, 2020.https://www.health.state.mn.us/data/hcquality/docs/qipsfrmwk2017.pdf.
- Effect of a clinical practice improvement intervention on chlamydial screening among adolescent girls.JAMA. 2002 Dec 11; 288: 2846-2852
- What's in it for me? Maintenance of Certification as an incentive for faculty supervision of resident quality improvement projects.Acad Med. 2016; 91: 56-59
- The run chart: a simple analytical tool for learning from variation in healthcare processes.BMJ Qual Saf. 2011; 20: 46-51
- The Health Care Data Guide: Learning from Data for Improvement.Jossey-Bass, San Francisco2011
- Confidentiality issues and use of sexually transmitted disease services among sexually experienced persons aged 15–25 years—United States, 2013–2015.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2017 Mar 10; 66: 237-241
- et al. Performance of the APTIMA Combo 2 assay for detection of Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae in female urine and endocervical swab specimens.J Clin Microbiol. 2003; 41: 304-309
- Use and interpretation of statistical quality control charts.Int J Qual Health Care. 1998; 10: 69-73
- The Housestaff Incentive Program: improving the timeliness and quality of discharge summaries by engaging residents in quality improvement.BMJ Qual Saf. 2013; 22: 768-774
- The effects of pay-for-performance programs on health, health care use, and processes of care: a systematic review.Ann Intern Med. 2017 Mar 7; 166: 341-353
- Sustainability of quality improvement following removal of pay-for-performance incentives.J Gen Intern Med. 2014; 29: 127-132
- Interventions to improve sexually transmitted disease screening in clinic-based settings.Sex Transm Dis. 2016; 43: S28-S41
- New Name, Same Harm: Rebranding of Federal Abstinence-Only Programs|.Boyer J. Feb 28, 2018; (Accessed Mar 18, 2020.)https://www.guttmacher.org/gpr/2018/02/new-name-same-harm-rebranding-federal-abstinence-only-programs