Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Joint Commission Journal on Quality and Patient Safety
The Joint Commission. Patient Safety Systems (PS): Culture of Safety. In: Comprehensive Accreditation Manual for Hospitals (E-dition). Oak Brook, IL: Joint Commission Resources, 2022, PS-1–PS-22.
- Assessing patient safety culture: a review and synthesis of the measurement tools.J Patient Saf. 2006; 2: 105-115
- The impact of administrative burden on academic physicians: results of a hospital-wide physician survey.Acad Med. 2017; 92: 237-243
- Administrative work consumes one-sixth of U.S. physicians’ working hours and lowers their career satisfaction.Int J Health Serv. 2014; 44: 635-642
- Putting patients first by reducing administrative tasks in health care: a position paper of the American College of Physicians.Ann Intern Med. 2017 May 2; 166: 659-661
- What do our respondents think we're asking? Using cognitive interviewing to improve medical education surveys.J Grad Med Educ. 2013; 5: 353-356
- Perceived discrimination experienced by physician mothers and desired workplace changes: a cross-sectional survey.JAMA Intern Med. 2017 Jul 1; 177: 1033-1036
- Cognitive Interviewing: A Tool for Improving Questionnaire Design.Sage, Thousand Oaks, CA2005
- Surgical residents’ perceptions of 2011 Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education duty hour regulations.JAMA Surg. 2013; 148: 427-433
Leapfrog Group. Guidelines for a Culture of Safety Survey. (Updated: Apr 1, 2022.) Accessed May 1, 2022. www.leapfroggroup.org/files/guidelines-culture-safety-survey.
- Getting more performance from performance measurement.N Engl J Med. 2014 Dec 4; 371: 2145-2147
- Increasing demands for quality measurement.JAMA. 2013 Nov 13; 310: 1971-1980
- Time out—charting a path for improving performance measurement.N Engl J Med. 2018 May 10; 378: 1757-1761
- Measuring the cost of quality measurement: a missing link in quality strategy.JAMA. 2017 Oct 3; 318: 1219-1220
- Human Resources Research Team. 3 Innovations to Improve Measuring the Employee Experience.Gartner, Stamford, CT2021
- US physician practices spend more than $15.4 billion annually to report quality measures.Health Aff (Millwood). 2016; 35: 401-406
- More quality measures versus measuring what matters: a call for balance and parsimony.BMJ Qual Saf. 2012; 21: 964-968
- Factor analysis techniques for assessing sufficient unidimensionality of cancer related fatigue.Qual Life Res. 2006; 15: 1179-1190
- Multidimensionality and structural coefficient bias in structural equation modeling: a bifactor perspective.Educ Psychol Meas. 2013; 73: 5-26