Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Joint Commission Journal on Quality and Patient Safety
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. HCUP Statistical Brief 122. Septicemia in U.S. Hospitals, 2009. Elixhauser A, Friedman B, Stranges E. Oct 2011. Accessed Aug 11, 2022. https://www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/reports/statbriefs/sb122.jsp.
- Empiric antibiotic treatment reduces mortality in severe sepsis and septic shock from the first hour.Crit Care Med. 2014; 42: 1749-1755
- Surviving Sepsis Campaign.Crit Care Med. 2013; 41: 580-637
- A survey of clinicians addressing the approach to the management of severe sepsis and septic shock in the United States.J Crit Care. 2010; 25 (658.e1–658.e6)
- National performance on the Medicare SEP-1 sepsis quality measure.Crit Care Med. 2019; 47: 1026-1032
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Specifications Manual for National Hospital Inpatient Quality Measures: Discharges 10-01-15 (4Q15) Through 06-20-16 (2Q16). Accessed Aug 11, 2022lable from: https://qualitynet.cms.gov/files/5d0d3a18764be766b0103e9f?filename=HIQR_SpecMan_5_0b_Oct2015_ZIP.zip,
- Evidence underpinning the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ Severe Sepsis and Septic Shock Management Bundle (SEP-1).Ann Intern Med. 2018 Apr 17; 168: 558-568
- Sepsis definitions: the search for gold and what CMS got wrong.West J Emerg Med. 2017; 18: 951-956
- Compliance with the national SEP-1 quality measure and association with sepsis outcomes: a multicenter retrospective cohort study.Crit Care Med. 2018; 46: 1585-1591
- Association between state-mandated protocolized sepsis care and in-hospital mortality among adults with sepsis.JAMA. 2019 Jul 16; 322: 240-250
- Treatment patterns and clinical outcomes after the introduction of the Medicare sepsis performance measure (SEP-1).Ann Intern Med. 2021; 174: 927-935
- Association between implementation of the Severe Sepsis and Septic Shock Early Management Bundle performance measure and outcomes in patients with suspected sepsis in US hospitals.JAMA Netw Open. 2021 Dec 1; 4e2138596
- Revised national estimates of emergency department visits for sepsis in the United States.Crit Care Med. 2017; 45: 1443-1449
- The Door-to-Balloon Alliance for Quality: who joins national collaborative efforts and why?.Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf. 2009; 35: 93-99
American College of Emergency Physicians. E-QUAL Network Sepsis Initiative. Accessed Aug 11, 2022. https://www.acep.org/administration/quality/equal/emergency-quality-network-e-qual/e-qual-network-sepsis-initiative/.
- National efforts to improve door-to-balloon time.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009 Dec 15; 54: 2423-2429
- Regional learning collaboratives produce rapid and sustainable improvements in stroke thrombolysis times.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2016; 9: 585-592
- A rapid-cycle collaborative model to promote guidelines for acute myocardial infarction.Jt Comm J Qual Saf. 2003; 29: 468-478
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Timely and Effective Care—Hospital. (Updated: Jul 7, 2022.) Accessed Aug 11, 2022. https://data.cms.gov/provider-data/dataset/yv7e-xc69.
- Preliminary performance on the new CMS Sepsis-1 national quality measure: early insights from the Emergency Quality Network (E-QUAL).Ann Emerg Med. 2018; 71 (e1): 10-15
- The GENESIS project (GENeralized Early Sepsis Intervention Strategies): a multicenter quality improvement collaborative.J Intensive Care Med. 2013; 28: 355-368
- Multicenter implementation of a severe sepsis and septic shock treatment bundle.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2013 Jul 1; 188: 77-82
- Implementation of a multicenter performance improvement program for early detection and treatment of severe sepsis in general medical-surgical wards.J Hosp Med. 2016; 11: S32-S39
- Patient outcomes and cost-effectiveness of a sepsis care quality improvement program in a health system.Crit Care Med. 2019; 47: 1371-1379
- Sepsis Presenting in hospitals versus emergency departments: demographic, resuscitation, and outcome patterns in a multicenter retrospective cohort.J Hosp Med. 2019 Jun 1; 14: 340-348
- Epidemiology of hospital-onset versus community-onset sepsis in U.S. hospitals and association with mortality: a retrospective analysis using electronic clinical data.Crit Care Med. 2019; 47: 1169-1176
- Community-, healthcare-, and hospital-acquired severe sepsis hospitalizations in the University HealthSystem Consortium.Crit Care Med. 2015; 43: 1945-1951
- Hospital-onset sepsis and community-onset sepsis in critical care units in Japan: a retrospective cohort study based on a Japanese administrative claims database.Crit Care. 2022 May 13; 26: 136
- Outcome, diagnosis, and microbiological profile comparison of community- and hospital-acquired bacteremia: a retrospective cohort study.J Gen Fam Med. 2021 May 14; 22: 327-333
- CARES: Cardiac Arrest Registry to Enhance Survival.Ann Emerg Med. 2009; 54 (e2): 674-683
- Overview of the American Heart Association “Get With The Guidelines” programs: coronary heart disease, stroke, and heart failure.Crit Pathw Cardiol. 2006; 5: 179-186